Sunday, July 18, 2010

Up There Video

UP THERE from Jon on Vimeo.




Sign painting is so great. I feel such a affinity towards it. Art is bullshit sometimes. Inspiration and all the classic ideas of art have created an ego stroking monster, the current day artist. There is no bullshit when it comes to sign painting. You have a medium, and image that needs to go on that medium in a very legible way, and a time frame in which this must be done. Sounds beautiful doesn't it? I would assume that's why I usually leave everything until the last minute, the thrill of constraint. These men are no different than the construction workers or the laborers of this world. Everybody in there own way is an artist yet they fail to realize it, or maybe this is a life lesson that has been constantly overlooked for generations. Art has always been seen as this gift, something that only "artistic" people are born with, what a terrible oversight. If everyone could see how everything is art things would be much different. You built a perfectly flat asphalt road, you developed a computer program that helps people learn, you make coffee, you work at 7-11, .....this could go on forever. My point is; if we all were taught that art and creativity are a part of everyday life, then maybe the world would be less mundane for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Art is always great however you express your creativity. I enjoy all kinds of art expressions. I am painting through synesthesia which makes me see colors when I hear a name or a number. Colors are my life.

    ReplyDelete