Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chris Johanson







I hate it when people say they can't draw. I think that the best drawings come from people who "technically" can't draw. Chris Johanson is a perfect example of this. My whole artistic career has been influenced too much I believe, wheter it be pictures, museums, galleries, and my peers. I would like to discover a state in which I just create what comes out of my head, without judgement, comparison, or prejudice. I don't mean that ethically, I meant artistically. I find that with many things, not just art, it is hard to free yourself from the confines that we setup in our own brain. Media of all sorts comvoludes and over exposes you to many different idea's good and bad but sometimes it is hard to know how to think freely. To me, post modernity all about looking at this from a clear and open persective. We have all been force fed information, how does one free themselves from the confines of that knowledge. Chris does a great job.

Go here to see beautifull things.

No comments:

Post a Comment