Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sarah Moon, Photographer

I've been a fan of Sarah Moon's work for years. Born in 1940 in England, the formal model has been working as a photographer since 1967. Sarah lives in Paris.

As a poor student I returned her book "Coincidences" that I bought in 2001, which has since gone out of print. Biggest mistake. While in Berlin this summer I decided not to pick up her new book, "12345", a comprehensive 5 volume look at her extraordinary work, because of it's size & price. Thinking I could order it when I got home, it has also since gone out of print. What a disaster and horrible luck. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of these, I'm hoping there are some still floating around.

You can read a recent interview with Sarah by Ilona Suschitzky in conjunction with the release of Sara's "12345" book here. There's also a You Tube video of someone flipping through the book (cheesy music included!)

Sarah Moon is represented by Michael Hoppen Gallery, and Renate Gallois Montbrun.

All photographs © Sarah Moon

Dec 20th 2009 Update: Ryan gave me Coincidences for my birthday. Super sweet! More scans to follow.









No comments:

Post a Comment